The Lebanese & Arab Social Services Agency “LASSA” is a settlement and social services agency that started in 1989 by concerned Canadians as a response to persons experiencing forced departure as a result of internecine strife in war torn Near Eastern countries. The agency was officially incorporated June 4th, 1993 as a non-profit organization (Corporation Number 291041-1 issued by Industry Canada-Corporations Canada). LASSA is registered as a charitable organization (number 135253508RR0001 issued by Charities Directorate-Canada Revenue Agency).
Since its incorporation, LASSA has assisted approximately 17,000 newcomers of various nationalities to the Ottawa region. It has also provided and continues to provide all kinds of services to Syrian and Iraqi refugees who are coming to Canada due to the wars that plague in the middle east.
- Settlement, orientation, education and integration of Lebanese and Arabic-speaking immigrants into the Canadian community
- Providing all necessary social services in furtherance thereof
- Fostering and promoting an understanding, learning and appreciation for the Arabic language, traditions, and diverse cultures amongst Canadian Society.
- Promoting and supporting humanitarian and charitable causes amongst all members of the Canadian community.
LASSA provides a variety of services that ranges from in house service to orientation and referral to partner agencies and other services in the community. Our main priority is to facilitate newcomers integration in the Canadian community regardless their status. However, access to specific services is subject to eligibility criteria.
- Information, Orientation & Referral
- Newcomers Settlement Program
- Foreign Credentials Assessment
- Crisis Counselling
- Job Search Workshops
- Legal Support Services
- Seniors Info & Referral